Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What to do.....




Hmmm....what to do when your younger child is clearly giving up his nap but he is so cranky by dinner time that it feels like you want to run screaming from the house rather than sit on pins and needles with a kid who will blow up over the littlest thing. I'm on the fence. BW gave up his nap almost at this age it was really in late Aug/Sept not June. But who is keeping track of these things really? Not me. I thought he was an early exception and was hoping that with Bubba we would at least make it through his 3rd birthday and even longer. Both boys ironically were awesome nappers...3 hours everyday like clockwork right after lunch. I had 3 hours to take a reprieve, get something done...whatever I needed. And then one day no nap and pretty soon it was more no naps during the week then napping. I still put my oldest down for rest time in his room but I'm lucky if he makes it 45 mins before he is downstairs again with me. The thought now of only getting a 45 min break from both is sounding difficult. It's going to be a really hard adjustment for me (can you tell) because I have come to depend on those 3 hour naps for so looong. (whine, whine, whine...I know)

So I'm still trying to be really disciplined and make sure I put Bubba down right after lunch as that is generally when he is the most tired and then if he does take a nap get him up by 3pm so that he will go to sleep by 8pm and not 10pm. Because I have noticed if lately he gets up by 4pm which is what he used to do (1pm-4pm) then he has a hard time falling asleep now at 8pm. Instead he will climb out of bed and turn his light on in his room and talk to himself, play with his stuffed toys, etc. We have a video monitor in the kitchen so we see him when we are doing evening chores and even though he doesn't scream for us to come up I still feel bad that he is awake that long.

Anyone else go through this?? Any other suggestions to try??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disneyland--Feb 2008

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.