Monday, March 19, 2007

What's in a Name?

So, I have been trying to think up cute names for my boys on this blog to avoid using their real names. It's been a bit of a challenge as I think a name even a nickname should tell something about the child. I think I have it. I will refer to my oldest as "Boy Wonder" or "BW" for short. That name seems perfect for him as he is constantly amazing us with his incrediable talents or endless energy. My younger son was a bit harder and I think I will just stick with his nickname for now which is "Bubba". A nickname he earned at birth because he was so adorably round. He actually knows his nickname too and will often tell people..."I'm Bubba" which is really the funniest thing ever. One delusionally tired evening at Disneyland after being up way past their bedtimes for more than a few days in a row... Bubba was existing on fumes...he was pretty silly and still moving on foot long after our Boy Wonder had taken a seat in the stroller. Surprise, surprise I know. Anyway...Bubba was practicing jumping off the curbs, his latest feat except that night he was so tired that he would back up too far away and would jump way before he came near the curb and then step off the curb with one foot and say "I did it." And would then repeat the whole thing again. When he finally tired of this and long after we lost sight of daddy and BW in the stroller he would walk up to people and say "I'm Bubba" and laugh and laugh. It was really hysterical it was like he was his own one man entertainment show. So even though he is so much more than Bubba...he's a sweetheart, funny, smart, loving..his nickname still fits him too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disneyland--Feb 2008

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.