Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Breakfast story..

"Do you remember the storm? It was a big storm that hit the fireplace and broke out all the lights. And (BW) was scared."

My youngest, Bubba has quite an imagination. I often fantasize that he might become a writer. He talks all the time and lately because I have so much going on I tune him out a bit. I know...what a terrible thing to admit! It's just when Bubba is occupied and content, which is generally when he is talking out loud to himself. Well that's the perfect opportunity I have to get something done...throw in a load of laundry, pack for the day's outing, or make a list of somekind. Because as we know the flip side..when Bubba is not content neither is anyone else within a 5 mile radius. He is dare I admit...a bit loud, dramatic, stuck to you like glue and very hard to calm back down once he has hit those high notes.

So, I've decided as a goal for myself to stop more frequently and just observe my kids. And also jot down a few more stories and observations of both my children. You just never know what they are going to do and say. It really can be quite funny what they come up with and also insightful. At the very least, it may also make good blackmail material for when they have reached the age when they are all knowing or better known as the teen years.

1 comment:

Carey and Norman said...

Good idea. We use to write down funny comments or sayings, but we've gotten out of the habit. Thanks for the reminder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disneyland--Feb 2008

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.