Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dining with Dogs

I love being outside and one of the things I love about our new house is we finally have a patio table set. I'm not sure why I waited so many years to buy a patio table set. It's great to be able to sit outside. The kids have discovered eating outdoors and they ask at every meal..."Can we eat outside?" The weather has been so great so of course I say "YES!"

We recently enjoyed eating dinner outside and the photo below just cracks me up. When we sit down at the table to eat there is the four of us but if you look under the table you will find our 3 dogs. Every meal, there they are..waiting. Our dogs...they are like sharks circling their prey...or more like laying sharks. They patiently camp out their spot around the kids and wait for them to accidently miss a bite that falls to the floor and whatever dog is laying closest reaches his/her nose out and gets the bite. It really is too funny because they are the ultimate couch potato dogs...just patiently waiting, quietly nearby. I never have to clean up..inside or out they lick the floor clean. I miss them when we eat out at a restaurant because I have to clean up the mess, and I'm always shocked at how messy my boys can be.

So thank you my dogs, my first 3 kids for helping me clean up after the boys...all three of them! And if I could squeeze you all into my overflowing diaper bag I would bring you with me everytime we ate out too.

1 comment:

junglemama said...

My kids love eating outside too. Your boys are adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disneyland--Feb 2008

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.